Apply to a Specific Job or Submit Your Resume
For client-confidentiality reasons, not all of our positions are not posted. Please carefully review the requirements of a position before applying. If we don't currently have a position open that matches your experience, you can still submit your resume for consideration as new positions come in.
Submit Resume Here if no position to apply to
We know our clients and we know what qualities matter most to them. Below are the areas that we focus on when reviewing your candidacy:
Experience and Skill
- Mid, Senior, Executive and C-level (CMO) - The minimum is 5 years of experience in marketing.
- Marketing Specialization - We look for marketing professionals who have honed their skills over time in a specific area of marketing or digital marketing such as online marketing, demand gen, search marketing, CRM marketing, shopper marketing, marketing
automationm, marketing analytics, omnichannel marketing, etc.
- Degree -
A BAin Marketing or similar field is strongly preferred. We do have some clients who are open to experience over degree, but about 80% of our clients require a Bachelor's to be considered.
- MBA - HUGE bonus points if you have an MBA.
- Training and Certifications - We look for marketing professionals who continuously want grow by attending conferences, taking online marketing courses and completing marketing certifications to improve their craft and show employers they are staying current in marketing trends.
- Career Stability - We want to see that you've been able to accomplish projects and succeed in your role prior to moving to your next employer.
- Reputation/References - Have you created a career path full of accolades and recommendations? This is a very important quality to us and our clients.
- Emotional IQ - We look for professionals who have developed their technical skill and soft skills. How well do you interact with your peers, your manager, your direct reports?
- Leadership Qualities - For our senior-to-executive roles, we look for marketers who have admirable leadership qualities; those who can command without demand, lead by example and with humility and personal ownership for their contribution to team cohesiveness.
- Influencing Skills - For our senior-to-executive roles, we look for marketers who can influence and gain buy-in from their team, other
departmentsand upper management.
If you believe you match the experience,
Customer Relations Manager | Dallas, TX
Our client is seeking a Customer Relations Manager who is a passionate, innovative leader to drive their customer service department and serve as the primary go-between for developers and their customers. Client serves both B2B and B2C; this position requires someone with extensive knowledge of customer service on both ends. The Customer Relations Manager manages all communication with businesses and customers that our client serves and drives the customer experience throughout.
The Customer Relations Manager will strategize and optimize existing and new customer service programs across a global team. This person will need to be a proactive leader in every aspect, as they will be coaching and managing several teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction to improve customer retention and develop KPI’s across the department. This role requires a personable, charismatic lover of consumers who truly cares about solving customer issues. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with how they can improve customer experience.
- Driving customer service teams and implementing service improvement programs
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring team members on performance and productivity of responses to customers for email, telephone, and online chat
- Communicating effectively in both written and verbal communications
- Communicating customer issues with developers to not only solve one customer’s issue, but to be proactive and ensure that other customers do not experience the same issue by identifying and root causes of customer pain-points
- Communicating performance issues to senior management, as well as customer service teams
- Using real-time monitoring tools to oversee the duties of the customer service team daily
- Resolving/Escalating customer and client issues
- Tracking and improving key performance indicators across customer service teams
- Creating an environment of continuous improvement across all products and services
- Promote and foster a culture in which employees own their actions and responsibilities
- Serve as a senior advisor and subject matter expert for escalations of customer issues
- Drive customer service teams to build and grow existing relationships with customers and clients
- Bachelor’s degree – Any relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer/client experience or service based role
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience (Client needs someone who can manage multiple people with a variety of personality types effectively across a variety of regions)
- Extensive experience in customer service, regardless of industry
- Expert level listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Experience using Salesforce.com is a plus!
- Experience in a role dealing with B2B and B2C consumers is a plus
- You love people, and genuinely care about helping others
- A born leader and manager; you are the one organizing, planning, and strategizing everyone around you, especially when you aren’t told to
- You usually end up leading efforts, and you like it that way
- You step up when no one else does, every time
- You thrive on being efficient. You constantly ask yourself, “how can I do this better?”
- You love to help others learn; you were a tutor in college or you mentor someone now
- You are driven to succeed in everything that you do
Digital Analytics Manager | Houston, TX
Our client is seeking a Digital Analytics Manager who can work closely with account services teams, the media team and directly with agency clients to provide strategic guidance and reporting for the purposes of creating data-driven marketing strategies and tactics. This highly inquisitive, passionate, adaptable, data driven person will need to have the ability to analyze a variety of digital media metrics, optimize digital campaigns, and charismatically communicate the results to internal teams and clients.
The ideal candidate will be an expert problem solver, with mathematical prowess and strong communication skills, who can not only sift through analytical data to optimize results, but also communicate strategies on optimization to internal teams and clients in an engaging and effective manner. A thorough knowledge and background in media mix modeling, data visualization, multi-touch attribution, and direct response digital media and metrics is key for this role.
- Agency side experience is an absolute must. You will be responsible for the digital analytics and performance reporting for massive a global brand with a multi-million dollar budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Statistics, Mathematics, Data and Analytics, or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing analytics, statistics, paid search, and data analysis of direct response marketing campaigns.
- Must have verifiable experience with web analytics platforms, especially Google Analytics.
- Experienced in using A/B and multivariate testing strategies.
- Highly proficient and recent experience using data optimization tools such as Microsoft BI, Spotfire, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Deep understanding of digital performance metrics, both organic and paid
- Strong communicator and charismatic presenter.
- Expert level knowledge of using excel for vlookups, graphs, formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong analytical, research and market analysis skills
- Strong data-driven marketing mindset
- Experience with SEM/Paid Search, Social Media, Display/Digital Media
Director of Digital and eCommerce Marketing | Houston, TX
Local candidates are preferred. There is no relocation package for out of city/state candidates who apply.
Please review the job description and apply directly. InMails or Emails without applying first are reviewed last.
Located in Houston, TX, our client is looking for a digital savvy marketer to lead their digital, eCommerce and Omni-channel marketing efforts. To qualify for this position, you must have experience in the Consumer Goods or Retail industry.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a 25-year-old manufacturing company that manufactures and sells custom home décor worldwide via online direct-to-consumer ecommerce websites and through wholesale Partner relationships with over 30 major Retailers such as Bed Bath and Beyond, Walmart, Zulily.com, Amazon, Wayfair, Groupon, Living Social, etc.
Location: West of I-10 and 610, Houston, TX
The Director of Digital & eCommerce Marketing reports to the CEO and is accountable for managing highly complex digital, ecommerce and omni-channel marketing programs, This is a leadership role; perfect for someone who sees the big picture, can analyze campaign data, measure campaign success, make projections and confidently present to the CEO an even better marketing plan than what is already in place.
Our client sales both online direct-to-consumer and wholesale through Partner relationships:
Direct-to-Consumer (Online): Identify new ways of increasing online retail direct-to-consumer sales through creative, strategic and measurable digital marketing campaigns and promotions.
Wholesale: Oversee Partner relationships (Amazon, Wayfair, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.) and devise creative co-op marketing campaigns that motivate Partners to feature the manufacturer's products in their stores and online. Advise and guide the Account Management team responsible for the day to day interaction with point of contact for each Partner.
- Work with Retail Partners (Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, etc.) on co-op marketing campaigns designed to increase sells through Partner Retail Stores and Partner Websites
- Continuously analyze onling marketing campaigns and their success; propose innovative ways to improve the online marketing campaigns in order to increase sales
- Manage a marketing budget in excess of $1M
- Create reports and executive dashboards and distribute regularly
- Manage a team of 6 to 10 people (sales, account management and digital marketing)
- Direct the digital marketing team and provide them with clear strategic digital marketing campaign strategy guidance that they can execute on
- Track and measure marketing efforts in order to meet sales goals (ROI)
- Assess all marketing campaigns and their performance and make recommendations on ways to increase sales through campaign optimization and new promotional ideas
- Hold daily and monthly meetings with the sales team and account managers (account managers manage relationships with partners such as Wayfair, Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.). Lead, guide, advise and motivate them.
- Strong digital, ecommerce and omni-channel marketing experience within the Retail or other Consumer Goods industry
- Experience creating co-op marketing campaigns with Retail/Wholesale relationships (Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, Wayfair, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or similar field of study
- 5 to 10+ years of progressively challenging marketing experience
- Experience successfully managing and implementing an omni-channel marketing program
- Experience leading and managing teams which include sales, digital marketing and Partner Account Managers
- Experience creating long range, annual and seasonal marketing plans; monitor and measure results, including return on investment
- Deep knowledge of the various marketing channels and strategies that go into an omni-channel approach (Facebook advertising/digital advertising, email marketing, CRM marketing. social media, affiliate marketing, PPC/SEO, mobile marketing, partner/co-op marketing, etc.)
- Strong Influencing/Negotiating skills
Director of Strategy (Agency) | Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX (no remote) | Must be a US resident
Must Have: English/Spanish (Native English is strongly preferred)
Must Have: Advanced digital, integrated marketing and brand knowledge
Must Have: Agency-side experience in a Strategy role
Must Have: Deep understanding of the US general market, US brands and what they want
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
International full-service digital agency with over 250 employees and several offices across the globe. The agency has deep experience across multiple sectors with a successful track record of launching campaigns for clients in more than 55 countries.
The agency is expanding into the US with their first US office located in Houston, TX. The Director of Strategy will play a critical role, responsible for leading the strategy efforts to guide the development of the agency's US targeted integrated, branding and digital marketing programs for international clients and new business within the US.
With the support of the US Country Manager, Co-lead the strategy discipline for the US general market
Create powerful client presentations, new business pitches, and assist with RFP proposals for the agency’s US general market and current international clients who want a stronger brand presence in the US
Create innovative digital solutions for clients and develop a blended digital strategy that works towards delivering against a set of predefined objectives
- Develop accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and clearly articulate strategic direction to the team and client
- Serve as the thought leader in consumer-centric thinking; Using all known data sources (qualitative, quantitative, primary and secondary) to understand the consumer and brand
- Develop a strong understanding of each client's business, the challenges they face in their market, their ambitions for development through online channels and then blend everything into an integrated digital approach that delivers results
- Work in close partnership with accounts teams to identify potential new-business opportunities and develop plans to pitch and win new business
- Serve as an active contributor to fulfill RFP responses and a key presenter during new business pitches and presentations
- Serve as the lead representative with senior clients, partners and stakeholders during strategy development and planning
- Review client briefs and work with the various teams to uncover insights that can be incorporated into a series of recommendations to pitch to clients
- Listen to the input of others within the various teams and disciplines while ensuring that the end result ties back into a plan that works for the client
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Media, Finance, or similar field
- 7+ years of diverse digital, integrated marketing and branding experience with your most recent responsibilities focused on strategic development and planning for major clients
- Current experience working agency-side is required with advanced knowledge of all functional digital agency departments, capabilities and service areas (paid media, organic media, marketing technology, etc.)
- Deep understanding of a wide range of US based industries, the US general market, and what it takes to stand out and service brands in the US
- Native English preferred, advanced written and spoken Spanish
- Well versed with digital planning tools such as comScore, SimilarWeb, App Annie, etc.
- Understanding of Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), DoubleClick environment, Media Buying
- Deep understanding of digital performance metrics, both organic and paid
- Imagination and an appreciation for all digital channels and how they can work together
- Strong analytical, research and market analysis skills
- Strong data-driven marketing mindset
Email Marketing Automation Specialist | North Houston, TX
Our client, a worldwide B2B distributor of a very diverse range of products, is in need of a Email Marketing Automation Specialist with advanced experience in marketing automation and a natural gift for writing persuasive digital content across all digital channels. This is a mid to senior level position.
The Email Marketing Automation Specialist reports to the Digital Marketing Manager and serves as a key contributor in the launch of the Company’s B2B digital marketing program. We’re looking for someone who embraces a role that is going to evolve quickly as the digital marketing program expands. Most importantly and without exception, you have to be hard core crazy good with marketing automation.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud marketing automation experience is strongly preferred. We need someone who is left brain/right brain. AMPscript knowledge is a huge plus (this is a Salesforce Marketing Cloud scripting language that you can embed within HTML emails, text emails, landing pages, SMS messages, and push notifications from MobilePush).
If you haven’t mastered Sales Force Marketing Cloud (SFMC) but have advanced to expert marketing automation knowledge with Marketo, Pardot, Oracle Eloqua, HubSpot, Act-On or Adobe Campaign, please apply.
- Create and executive marketing campaigns across all digital channels including email, web, social media, paid search and organic advertising that pulls in the company’s target audiences
- Implement a lead scoring best practice to enable higher conversions of quality leads (“marketing qualified leads” or MQL)
- Create and execute multichannel digital marketing campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
- Continuously identify ways to increase the company’s organic page rankings, website and key landing pages traffic, conversion ratio, organic page rank, and visitor retention while decreasing bounce rate
- Segment lists based on behaviors such as past email engagement and website activity (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results and optimize lead nurturing workflows for segments and convert leads into customers
- Minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the efficiency of email sends
- Structure A/B testing on automated marketing campaigns to maximize results.
- Segment audiences and optimize campaigns to increase campaign effectiveness
- Use Google Analytics and other analytics tools to evaluate campaign results and understand the effectiveness of the company’s digital marketing programs and campaigns; develop a consistent schedule for analytics performance reports
- Oversee the content for the Company’s website.
- Manage social media and its integration within the other aspects of marketing
- Create content for social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn for now and Facebook in 2018) as well as for email campaigns and landing page content.
- Serve as the Company’s social community specialist; monitoring and engaging online followers
- Create a social media calendar/schedule.
- Support and execute paid advertising campaigns and paid social advertising campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital, Analytics, Business, Communications or equivalents
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) will put you at the top of our list to call but we’ll also consider experience in one of the major marketing automation tools (HubSpot, ActOn, Pardo, Eloqua, etc.)
- You love Microsoft Excel and dream of spreadsheets (ok maybe not dream but you’re really good with pivot tables)
- You’ve got the experience and the references to back you up in your ability to design and launch kick a** digital campaigns for lead generation.
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Salesforce.com (SFDC) knowledge
- You can build very complex marketing automation processes and you have a portfolio of marketing automation workflow examples and marketing campaigns with objective, results, etc.
- Knowledge of anti-spam laws such as CAN-SPAM, CASL, and EU Opt-In Directive guidelines.
- Fluency with HTML for email and basic design work using Adobe Photoshop or similar tool.
- Certifications from HubSpot, Google or other highly accredited organizations a huge plus
- You naturally get along with peers and other departmental colleagues
- You’ve been told that you’re borderline OCD when it comes to details (you’ll fit in perfectly)
- You’re an efficient and pragmatic organizer of projects; able to shift and turn as priorities change (in other words, you don’t freak when you have a lot to do)
- You’re self-motivated and have a high personal work ethic
- You’re a solution-seeker not a problem-finder.
- You’ve got a little geek in you mixed with a strong eye for design (email and landing page layouts, etc.)
Marketing Communications Specialist/Writer/Project Management | North Houston, TX
Located in North Houston, TX, our B2B client is looking for a B2B Marketing Communications Specialist/Writer with extremely strong project management and digital asset management skills to join their in-house agency-style marketing team. We’re looking for someone with solid B2B writing skills, exception MARCOM project management skills, experience in digital asset management (DAM) and an impressive portfolio that displays a wide range of writing skills for different channels through each stage of the buyer's journey as well as internal communications collateral (please attach PDF or provide link when you apply).
We want to know you if you can WRITE AND PRODUCE B2B Content (traditional and digital)
- You’re a kick a** B2B writer with a portfolio full of examples (video scripts, blog, executive interviews, web content, case studies, social content, advertisements, testimonials, brochures, white papers, sales enablement collateral, email campaigns, webinar content, etc.)
- You understand that different audiences absorb information uniquely. You’re highly experienced with writing B2B content based on who it’s for and identifying what channel(s) and content format appeal to each audience during each stage of the buyer’s journey
- You can take very technical B2B content and turn it into easy-to-understand messaging that even your grandmother would understand
- You’re a research-whisperer; able to focus and do the deep research needed to create capability statements, value propositions, summaries and/or narratives
- You’re great at creating original content, not just repurposing content written by others
- You know your way around other departments and know how to interview subject matter experts (SME), product line managers and business unit leaders in order to hone in on the features and benefits most important to the company’s prospects and clients
We want to know you if you can project manage marketing communications assignments as if your life depended on it:
- You understand the steps that go into a marketing communications project at every stage; from original request to implementation and ongoing asset management (for both traditional and digital projects)
- You’ve been told you’re slightly OCD when it comes to version control, managing files, naming conventions of digital assets, content review implementation, approval process, etc.
- You’re professional in your communication and have enough experience under your belt to know how to lead meetings, especially content reviews involving internal clients, team members, execs and vendors
- You’ve worked with creative/graphic design teams and can relay an idea or concept in a way that they understand and can take immediate action on
- You can protect a physical library of collateral like it were Fort Knox
- You’d rather sleep in the same clothes for 60 days than miss a deadline (please don’t miss a deadline)
- You have experience with online collateral intranets/internets; meticulously ensuring that they are updated and maintained with the most recent versions of content
- Extreme follow-up and follow-through skills, especially when it comes to projects that involve multiple departments with interrelated projects, competing deadlines differing goals for success; all which requires continuous monitoring and realignment based on priorities (this is when you grab your 3rd cup of coffee)
- You are the front line for the team; ensuring that no project gets through without the proper vetting and setup before it goes to development and production
Other things our Client is looking for:
- You can brainstorm and come up with informational graphic ideas that simplify complex concepts and wow the creative team
- You are a problem solver not a problem finder
- You are first in line to learn a new technique/software/methodology that is needed as department responsibilities grow and new skills are required
- You stay current and relevant; keeping up with best practices in MARCOM project management, B2B writing trends, etc.
- You have professional references from the last several years/jobs that will gladly get on the phone with us and rave about working with you
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, etc. but our client is openminded and more focused on what you’ve done / can do
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a B2B writer with project management responsibilities – this is considered a mid to slightly senior level position
- You’re the type of person who stays current in B2B writing trends, MARCOM and creative services project management methodologies, etc., You read blogs regularly, attend relevant webinars and keep your skills sharp by adding relevant certifications to your educational “toolbox.”
EXTRAS THAT WILL REALLY IMPRESS OUR CLIENT
- Exceptional knowledge as it relates to DAM (digital asset management principles)
- Photography experience and/or videography experience
Senior Content Marketing Specialist | Houston, TX
Our client, centrally located just inside the 610 Loop, is looking for a Senior Content Marketing Specialist. This is a global company in the SaaS (Software as a Service) space. They are well established with an extremely loyal customer base that loves the product. The product is extremely technical and complex; a software enables better communication and safety for a specific vertical within the transportation industry. Their target audience is both B2B and B2C, so a content marketer with both B2B and B2C experience is preferred.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Senior Content Marketing Specialist will write and create marketing campaigns for both online and offline marketing channels.
Note: Our client is currently only considering local candidates or candidates within the Texas area who are open to self-relocating and can move within 2 to 3 weeks of an offer.
To be considered, we require one of the following:
1) A link to your online portfolio
2) A PDF portfolio attached to your application
OUR CLIENT’S CULTURE – Collaborative, Participative, Supportive
The executive team recognizes marketing’s value in their growth and success. The culture as a whole is one of genuine collaboration and active participation at the individual employee level, ensuring the delivery of a great product and outstanding customer service to their customers. Every employee is on Slack, even the executives. Employees from different departments cross collaborate, brainstorm, and share successes – all through Slack.
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Advertising, or similar discipline
- Mid to Senior level expertise as a Content Marketer (years are subjective; we’re looking for skill level)
- Experience in a content marketing role within a software company or a company with a highly complex, technical product
- B2B and B2C content writing and content marketing experience (fashion/entertainment or blogging about a personal passion does not apply)
- You can grasp technical concepts quickly and write about them in a way that a non-technical audience can understand
- You have touched it all: bogs, web content, social media content, sales materials (brochures, PPT sales decks), press releases, video script, customer testimonials, landing pages, infographics, whitepapers, webinars, emails, questionnaires, surveys, etc.
- A deep understanding of the content marketing funnel, each stage of the funnel, and what kind of content works best for each stage
- You understand the importance of keyword research and the placement of those words and phrases within content and meta tags
- You’re a storyteller who can continuously find new and creative ways to explain the value of a highly technical software to clients, prospects, employees and stakeholders
- Knowledge of what metrics to measure for each type of content
- You understand the process for developing, executing, and delivering the content necessary to create, nurture and grow a company’s customer base
- You have the experience and a natural gift for translating complex concepts into clear, concise and vibrant short form copy for all online and offline channels
- You who can wear multiple hats on a regular basis and will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Extremely impressive writing and editing skills
Senior Director of Marketing | Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX (Near I-10 and Chimney Rock Rd)
Reporting directly to the President, our client is looking for a Senior Director of Marketing who can lead, motivate and inspire a marketing team to want to go beyond status-quo and strive to continuously improve, innovate and outdo previous benchmarks.
The Senior Director of Marketing removes all barriers, obstacles and limitations to ensure the marketing team can execute at peak performance on the day-to-day marketing needs of the Company while keeping a sharp eye on the future; understanding that marketing must continuously evolve, adapt and innovate by conceiving, launching and piloting new offerings for customers.
Who are YOU? If you're “The One,” you'll display thought leadership, strong persuasion and influencing skills, have the ability to project-manage a team responsible for a large marketing portfolio of projects while constantly finding ways to monetize innovative ideas and move them from ideation into actionable plans. You bring you’re A+ game every day - not because it’s required, but because it’s who you are. It’s in your DNA. You are progressive, innovative and data-obsessed. You can lead, rally and motivate a high-performing marketing team.
You like to be in the middle of it all (or you want to be); maybe you write LinkedIn articles and/or blogs on topics of marketing innovation and strategy. You have an opinion. You’re passionate about marketing’s role in how it can drive success for a company. You’re constantly reading up on new marketing trends and best practices. You come highly recommended. You jump at opportunities to present theory and innovative marketing concepts to internal stakeholders. You are a natural presenter and can sell a vision that you’re passionate about. You enjoy speaking at marketing related conferences and/or local meet-up groups.
About the Company: Progressive Commercial Property Management company, nationwide with approximately 1500 employees. Headquarters in Houston, TX. Centrally located.
STRATEGIC AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT OVERSITE OF A PORTFOLIO OF MARKETING PROGRAMS
You are the steward of the entire Marketing Ecosystem and are responsible for strategically project-managing and overseeing a portfolio of all internal and external marketing projects for all marketing practice areas.
Every project, asset, marketing process, campaign, idea and strategy is tracked in the Company’s Proprietary Project Management Software and measured, assessed and repeatedly reviewed and refined with the goal of spotting trends and new ways to maximize Marketing’s output with a focus on efficiency and speed.
Your responsibility is to:
- Fanatically monitor all marketing projects historically captured in the Company’s Proprietary Project Management Software: their health (ROI), their status (are they behind and if so, why and what should be done) and their priority (should one be move lower/higher in priority and based on what and why). Steer projects to completion while mitigating deadline oversites and scope creep. Monitor resource allocation (your team.)
- Continuously evaluate and analyze marketing benchmarks: Analyze the Marketing Ecosystem and proactively identify gaps where benchmarks are outdated or nonexistent. Make data-driven recommendations on what the benchmark should be, document it, implement the approach, have the team adjust accordingly and then test the results to determine if the benchmark requires adjusting.
- Obsessive Process Improvement: All marketing processes are documented in the Company’s Proprietary Project Management Software. Review and re-review every process on a regular basis to ensure repetitive activities are standardized and in turn providing the opportunity for marketing to scale quickly and increase their capacity to take on new projects.
STRATEGY – SELLING THE VISION OF MARKETING AS AN INNOVATIVE / SERVICE-PROVIDING MACHINE
- Weekly Executive Meetings: Meet weekly with the President; present an overview of the State of Marketing against Company goals and objectives. Discuss innovative ideas that, if implemented, will increase the Company’s market share or brand equity. You back your idea up with data, research, metrics and clear/measurable projected results.
- Quarterly Department Leadership Marketing Meetings: Lead quarterly meetings with each departmental leader to ensure Marketing is supporting that department. Proactively present recommendations for ways in which a department can better service their customer. Example: Proposing to the Accounting department that a UX/UI refresh of their Accounting website that customers can log into to make property payments will result in an 22% increase in customer usage. Sell the idea, gain buy-in and then implement it (always within the Company’s Proprietary Project Management Software.)
- Daily Scrum Meetings: Daily agile-based scrum meetings with your team (comprised of local, non-local and international team members.)
- Ad-Hoc Brainstorming Meetings: You are responsible for initiating time-appropriate ad-hoc meetings to brainstorm on new ideas or marketing projects while balancing this investment of time with the day-to-day responsibilities your team is accountable for.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT:
- Day-to-Day Marketing Team Management: Remove obstacles that slow the Marketing team down or hinder them from completing projects on time. Identify members who are being underutilized and those who are at capacity and adjust resource allocation accordingly.
- Leadership: Resolve issues that derive from underperformers while identifying the root cause and individual ways to coach and train them, motivate your overachievers, build trust and comradery among the team, inspire by example, serve as a “culture-pilot” for the organization, setting the example for other departments to push to be their very best.
INNOVATION & COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS:
- Regularly analyze what’s going on in the competitive landscape and look for ways for marketing to innovate. Record in the Company’s Proprietary Project Management Software upon initial concept through to execution.
- Research marketing and industry best practices to find emerging trends that the Company could take advance of and implement before the Competition does.
- Continuously monitor what the competition is doing with a very acute eye on the “hidden competition” i.e., competition that may not appear obvious at first but is gaining momentum in the Company’s space. Document every move they make and react quickly with new ways to market the Company based on your findings.
- B2B and B2C Marketing experience with continuously increased marketing responsibilities and you are now at a Senior Manager or Director level with team and budgetary responsibilities. If you’ve worked at a Marketing Agency, that counts too.
- Career-hustling go-getter; driven to succeed at anything you set your mind to.
- Experience driving, project-managing, leading and motivating marketing teams to peak performance.
- Experience project-managing a large portfolio of marketing projects with personal accountability for measuring and refining each project against Company goals and objectives.
- Marketing and technology savvy; you stay on the forefront of what’s in, what’s old, what’s coming…you attend digital marketing and technology conferences and have a long laundry list of blogs, thought leaders and subject matter experts that you follow to stay “in the know” as it relates to marketing and the technologies that fuel a marketing program.
- Extreme project-management and analytical skills. Seriously extreme.
- Experience with marketing budgetary responsibilities.
- SWOT Analysis experience.
- Mind-set of “everything in marketing should be continuously documented, reviewed, measured and improved.”
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred. Non-degree candidates will be considered on a case-by-case-basis.